And despite of frequent inquiery, no capriña was found on the site, which did upset me a little bit. Apparently, la Linea is too little to be on the travelmap on Facebook. So now you might understand how little it was.?
We met this British/Canadian/Aussi tour group in Santa Elena which is the town bordering to Brazil and also the town from where you trekk up to Roraima which is said to be the best trekk in South America along with the Inka trail and Patagonia in Argentine. This group was quite funny since it consisted of 8 travellers, ranging from 18 (!!) to 65 years old and the 26 year old Canadian chap and tour leader was having a little bit of problems with getting them all to enjoy the same activities. Well, I wouldn´t like to change job with him, yet he kept smiling and was unsuccessfully hitting on less intressted Swedes while showing off with his trained and slightly sun tanned arms. (wonder why he wasn't successful?)
New Years Eve can be summarized in a few crazy sentences. After midnight, me and Lina (Cinthia was sleeping) went to a salsa bar with some parts of this chaps's group (the older section of the group were sleeping at this time). The chap was busy keeping track of everyone; for instance, the very pissed 18-year old (means being drunk for those not understanding the British slang) had lost her purse but seemed to be too busy with her newly found Venezualian boy to look for it any further. (I later found out that her grandfather was her main sponsor for this trip and there were indefinite sources...) The British 30-year old blond girl was making out in the bar with the dready Southafrican, besides Dengue Fever contagious bloke. The Aussi had gone to bed after desperate and unsuccessful tries to hit on every girl he met. He stepped wrong when telling the feminists that they were wonderful people, hating men the way they do. Some people will just not understand feminism.. The Swedes, (Lina and Linda) were trying to keep up the moves of Salsa. Linda was in other words learning by watching and Lina got warm on the dance floor. I liked this watching but was afraid that someone would tap on my shoulder. I just don´t understand how you are supposed to look sexy and sensual and at the same time enjoy dancing when having a man on your side, drooling just by the look at you..? I will have to understand this culture better before I get into salsa. That is one for sure. Maybe some spanish knowledge would help?
Apparently we were the best group of this year. Well, if one doesn´t get proud of oneself after such a judgement, one should stop trekking I guess... (Note that the trekking was done on Janury the 2nd and that January the 1st is a holiday)
Guess I should be leaving, catching up with Lina in a little while. Tomorrow we hit for Colombia. Should I look forward for Sweden? Well not just yet..-
Hasta Luego!
/Lin the blondy
4 comments:
Fräsig keps tjejen! /kram Rotny
well Sweden is actually quite rainy if I may say so...
Encounter Bulgaria's unspoilt natural beauty with our trekking walksand guided car trips in the Mountains of Bulgaria.
Operating from the historic and tourism town of Veliko Turnovo, our experienced and licensed guides will lead you through breathtaking mountains, charmingly historic villages practically untouched for centuries and every point of interest along the way. Bulgaria’s heritage is a rich tapestry of historical interest from the different epochs of her development. We will show you fascinating ancient monasteries and churches, isolated communities still living a traditional peasant lifestyle and even the monolithic monuments of the communist period.
Well written article.
Post a Comment