I think that this particular week must be namned (bacterial) friend's week. I have no other words. These little funny bottles contain different kind of bacteria, some like oxygen (AS), some don't (AN) and others are mixed together. I also found some bacteria at the textile industry, these are found in the bottle to the right on this picture. The control bottle has no bacteria at all :( This is why it is still very coloured. This picture accounts for the bacterial part this week.
I don't know what it is but somehow, people start to like me more and more here at the hostel. I am not just the funny dreaded non Hindi speaking girl who likes jogging anymore. This is the explanation to the "Friend" part of this week's name.
I don't know what it is but somehow, people start to like me more and more here at the hostel. I am not just the funny dreaded non Hindi speaking girl who likes jogging anymore. This is the explanation to the "Friend" part of this week's name. Anyway, I have been to so many different girls' rooms here at GH II (Girl's Hostel 2) since last Sunday, even been singing and playing guitar in some of the rooms! For instance, last Tuesday night I was jamming with Rahika who has an incredible voice. We might just do some recordings before I head back :) This place is actually partly run on solar energy which I realized when I climbed the stairs to take this picture of GH II. My room is down to the left hand corner if you happen to pass by one day. Don't bother to knock on the door, I tend to play music at times and might not hear knocking.

In addition, last Sunday I visited Ruchi's family in Kanpur itself. To be
honest, this was the first time I actually gave this city a genuine chance to show its proper face. Last Sunday was really a success. Me and Ruchi had a minor photo session on her roof top terrace, after a delicious lunch with her joint family (uncles, aunts, cousins, siblings, parents, grandparents etc all live in the same house). The photosession turned out to be both incredible as well as unbelievable. The latter, since there were 25 men starring at me from the other building's roof top terrace on the other side of the street (women come from Venus, right?). To be honest, I never expected it to be THAT interessting to look at :)
honest, this was the first time I actually gave this city a genuine chance to show its proper face. Last Sunday was really a success. Me and Ruchi had a minor photo session on her roof top terrace, after a delicious lunch with her joint family (uncles, aunts, cousins, siblings, parents, grandparents etc all live in the same house). The photosession turned out to be both incredible as well as unbelievable. The latter, since there were 25 men starring at me from the other building's roof top terrace on the other side of the street (women come from Venus, right?). To be honest, I never expected it to be THAT interessting to look at :)
The session was incredible since Ruchi turned out to be a natural talent when it comes to modelling. After our "Lipton-Tea-Session" on her roof (in India this means Chai and nothing else), she is now very much considering a new reunion in the lab with beakers, flasks a
nd testtubes and me behind the camera. I am quite sure she will do well, her dress was really nice too.A neighbouring woman offered me her bicycle the other day. She had a
spare one anyway. This is why I am now flying from one building to another at campus. I love racing and hate loosing. :) So far so good. The guy who repaired my cycle, did rip me off; I paid 80 rupees too much (approximately 15 SEK). But I am happy anyway :)Since some of you might already know that I am a fan of sweets I wanted to show you my vegan delights over here. I even attached a photo of the shopping center at IIT (abbrevated as shopC amongst IITers)

When I don't buy sweets by the nice (English speaking) gentleman in the sweetshop (I buy the balls on the upper shelf on the left side of the picture.), I look at books and get myself a cold drink. Yes, that is what you can do at shopC.
I realize I have to run to my bacterias or friends or, no, I lost it there. Sorry. Well, catch you later. Maybe I just need a sweet refill? Will definetely see you next month!
So long and keep letting me know how you are
sweets and cycles
/Lin

2 comments:
well hello sugartooth!
interesting stuff with the bacterias...hmm..ok, i'm not honest. it's not that your story about the bacterias is boring, it's just that i don't understand. but the picture is nice. i like the one to the left.. it's a nice color for a bacteria.
i walked by your hostel the other day, but i didn't had the time to stop. sorry about that, but you know how it is, busy busy busy... like a bee.
im so glad you found some good friends. the one on the picture, Ruchi, looks nice. that's good. you should stay with good people.
about the bicycle-rip-off..i think it was you who ripped him off.. come on man, 12 kronor.. yeah, i know you know that. he he.
ok, i think i know what the gift is. the one that you are bringing home. you said it's a perfect gift for me...then it have to be one of the balls in the sweetshop! im looking at that picture and drewling already! got damn, i promise you that i can challenge you on having the biggest sugartooth! seriously.. it would be nice to have a taste of one of the balls you were talking about!
ok, im gonna stop now.
just one more thing. i think it's funny that the last picture looks like a picture from a small "håla" in sweden. india and sweden is so much the same!
hugs and kisses.
rob
Trion är inte enad här i Umeå. Du är saknad vännen! Vi har haft en mysig helg me massa lek, bad, klättrande i trappor, bollspelande, och folkkök. Hoppas du blev ren o fin i helgen i Varanasi. ;) Vi ser fram emot att se bilder på dej när du tar ett dopp i Ganges...
Puss från zorba, maja, åsa o jo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4cYXbPnYY
Post a Comment